Friday, July 25, 2008

Quotation About Reading I



Read in order to live. ~ Gustave Flaubert


Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life. ~ Mortimer J. Adler


Learn as much by writing as by reading. ~ Lord Acton


Today a reader, tomorrow a leader. ~ W. Fusselman


Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. ~ Joseph Addison


I am a part of everything that I have read. ~ John Kieran


Once we have learned to read, meaning of words can somehow register without consciousness. ~ Anthony Marcel


How can you dare teach a man to read until you've taught him everything else first? ~ George Bernard Shaw


Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing. ~ Harper Lee



Readers are plentiful: thinkers are rare. ~ Harriet Martineau


Read as you taste fruit or savor wine, or enjoy friendship, love or life. ~ Holbrook Jackson


I am not a speed reader. I am a speed understander. ~ Isaac Asimov


There is an art of reading, as well as an art of thinking, and an art of writing. ~ Isaac Disraeli


Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man. ~ Francis Bacon


People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. ~ Logan Pearsall Smith


Of all the diversions of life, there is none so proper to fill up its empty spaces as the reading of useful and entertaining authors. ~ Joseph Addison


You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. ~ Ray Bradbury


The pleasure of reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books. ~ Katherine Mansfield


It is well to read everything of something, and something of everything. ~ Lord Henry P. Brougham


I read the newspaper avidly. It is my one form of continuous fiction. ~ Aneurin Bevan


The world may be full of fourth-rate writers but it's also full of fourth-rate readers. ~ Stan Barstow

No comments: