Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quotes About Anger I




Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.


When anger rises, think of the consequences. ~Confucius


If you do not wish to be prone to anger, do not feed the habit; give it nothing which may tend to its increase. ~ Epictetus


Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry. ~ Henry Ward Beecher


A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. ~ The Bible: Proverbs 15:1


If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. ~ Chinese Proverb


It is easy to fly into a passion--anybody can do that--but to be angry with the right person and at the right time and with the right object and in the right way--that is not easy, and it is not everyone who can do it. ~ Aristotle


I was angry with my friend I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow. ~ William Blake



No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.
~George Jean Nathan


Anger is short-lived madness. ~Horace


Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. ~George Eliot


If you're angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug - which is all the more reason to do so. It's hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that's precisely what happens when we hug each other. ~Walter Anderson


Do not teach your children never to be angry; teach them how to be angry. ~Lyman Abbott


If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size? ~Sydney J. Harris


There is nothing more galling to angry people than the coolness of those on whom they wish to vent their spleen. ~Alexandre Dumas


He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny



Anger is one letter short of danger.


Anger ventilated often hurries toward forgiveness; and concealed often hardens into revenge. ~Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton


People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing. ~Will Rogers


Anger blows out the lamp of the mind. ~Robert G. Ingersoll


Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. ~ Benjamin Franklin


Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. ~ Isocrates


Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. ~ Thomas Kempis



Sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

No comments: